Monday, 26 November 2012

Tomte Time!

I've had a very busy few weeks rounding up my little collection of Tomtes.

Wait...you've never heard of Tomtes before?? Well my friends you are missing out!
Tomtes (especially Musha-Tomtes!) are magical little Scandinavian Christmas creatures...

"...He doesn't live on the North Pole, but perhaps in a forest nearby, or in Denmark he lives on Greenland, and in Finland he lives in Lapland; he doesn’t come down the chimney at night, but through the front door, delivering the presents directly to the children, just like the Yule Goat did; he is not overweight; and even if he nowadays sometimes rides in a sleigh drawn by reindeer, instead of just walking around with his sack, his reindeer don’t fly - and in Sweden, Denmark and Norway some still put out a bowl of porridge for him on Christmas Eve."

I first learnt about Tomte 4 years ago and fell in love with them, I've been creating them ever since and try to come up with a different take on them each year.
This little guy is the original Tomte - I think ever single person in my family owns at least one like this!


This year I've stuck with my traditional Tomte colours and have added a set of 3 hanging decoration Tomte to the family.




AND...I've also developed a DIY Tomte Kit!! This is a project I have been working on for a long time (as you can see from various blog posts) and I'm really pleased with the finished product.


All of these little guys are either available on the Musha-Makes shop or Musha-Made on Etsy!

1 comment:

  1. He is just adorable!

    Hannah
    x
    www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...