Sunday, 25 November 2012

Getting to grips with zips!


 (I've been desperate to do a project with my mini stash of natural linen and lace since inspiration struck me when I received the black lace in Octobers Crafty Creative Box)

I'm slightly ashamed to admit that up until a few days ago I had never attempted to sew anything that involved a zip -I've simply been too scared to!
It always looked very complicated and I wasn't sure if my sewing skills were up to the task...it turns out they are though....well, very nearly.....


...it wasn't as difficult as I had anticipated, although I did run into some issues with my bobbin thread (my Mum has been borrowing my sewing machine for the past few weeks and whenever she returns it there is always something not quite right with it!) it seems to have lost all tension and was making it all loopy messy on the underside of the stitching.

I actually wimped out of machine sewing in the zip after the bobbin issue and hand stitched it instead but I'm still pretty pleased with how it turned out.


2 comments:

  1. Well done. I like the red pop. I'm in love with clutches but never attempted a zip yet either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I want to try to attempt a purse frame next! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...